At: 5:45am: Depart for one of famous Floating Market in Mekong delta: Cai Rang floating market. You will on local boat around 15 minutes driving and see the busiest Cai Rang floating market. Some hundred big sized boats, small sized boats stand nearby together and create lanes with seasonal goods are loaded on boards, such as: water melons, pineapples, papayas…
To attract buyers from distance, sellers tie their goods to a pole (a long bamboo stick) to show what they sell. A stop at a big sized boat for tasting the local fruits and a local wet market will help tourists learn more about the life style of this Mekong branch.
Get back to Ninh Kieu boat station at 7:00am and have light breakfast at your own then depart to Con Dao island.
On arrival at Con Dao Island, pick up at the harbor and transfer to your hotel.
In afternoon, at 13:30 - 14:00: Pick up at your resort and star to visit Con Dao Prison Relic. On this trip, you will visit:
- Museum: A place to keep the memorabilia attached during the period of resistance against the French colonialists and American imperialists in "hell on earth"
- Palace of Island Lord: Formerly the residence and working place of island lords, learn the history of Con Dao formation through artifacts, antiques, pictures and documents saved from France to the present.
- Phu Hai Prison: The place to mark the exile footsteps of hundreds of thousands of prisoners and communist soldiers
- “French Tiger Cage”: Explore the solidly built "tiger cage" system hidden between the labyrinths of inner and outer gates to disorient political prisoners and distract observers. The most brutal forms of torture took place here.
- “American Tiger Cage”: With narrow and damp cages built in 1971 to torture and debilitate the revolutionary spirit of Vietnamese Communist political prisoners.
- Cow Barn Isolated Area: Originally a place to raise cows and pigs with 9 solitary confinement rooms, 24 pig compartments, 2 cow sheds and 1 cow dung cellar. In 1930, the French turned the barn into a prison for female prisoners.
- Hang Duong Cemetery: The burial place of thousands of Vietnamese revolutionary soldiers and patriots through generations of imprisonment, lasting from 1862 to 1975.
- Tomb of Co Sau: Visiting the grave Co Sau – a female hero
You will come back your resort at around 18.00.
Overnight in Con Dao Island.